14th February 2024
26th March 2012
Job title: SCCJR Postgraduate Intern April 2012
Project title: SCCJR annual review of research and KE activities
Brief outline of responsibilities including number of hours required:
The Scottish Centre for Crime and Justice Research (SCCJR) is a collaborative cross-institutional research centre, involving four Scottish universities. One of the many strands of its activities is a postgraduate network which brings together postgraduate students who are engaged in research projects involving crime, criminal justice, policing and security.
This SCCJR internship will offer the opportunity to work alongside SCCJR academics, KE partners and the SCCJR administrator to assist with the collation and review of research and knowledge exchange activities, and the drafting and design of the SCCJR Annual Report.
The post will be for a maximum of 100 hours work at £15.96 per hour, which includes statutory holiday pay at 12%.
SCCJR postgraduate intern duties will include:
• Work with other SCCJR members and KE partners to collate information on research and KE activities undertaken in 2011 as content for inclusion in SCCJR Annual Report (to be published May 2012)
• Assist with drafting, designing and proof-reading of SCCJR Annual Report and other SCCJR reports and briefings
• Creation of multi-media materials in relation to the SCCJR Annual Lecture for distribution via various platforms including SCCJR website, Facebook, Twitter etc.
• Development of sections of SCCJR website.
• Assist with annual revision of membership of SCCJR membership details. Obtain updated membership details. Create PDF style booklet of information for press and organisations on specific research expertise.
• Supporting SCCJR administrator with website, social networking sites, production/editing of SCCJR Bulletin
Eligibility: Only open to Postgraduate Research Student (PhD or Masters by Research)
registered in the College of Social Sciences at the University of Glasgow for duration of
Essential and Desirable Criteria of Applicants:
• Postgraduate Student (PhD, M.Res or MSc) registered in the College of Social Sciences at the University of Glasgow for duration of Internship;
• A genuine interest in crime and justice issues;
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Proven high level interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with a wide range of individuals, and to interact professionally with senior level staff internal and external to University;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• High level IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Good internet research skills;
• Excellent time, organisational and workload management skills;
• Experience of web development and non-standard software packages;
• Excellent typing accuracy and data-entry skills;
• Experience in desk-based publishing
The internship will be allocated on the basis of the written application alone (there will be no interviews). Please download and complete an application form and send in electronic format to email@example.com by the deadline stated below:
Deadline: 16.00hrs 3rd April 2012
Notification: The successful applicant will be notified by 10th April 2012.
N.B. – The postgraduate intern will be asked to assist at the SCCJR Annual Lecture Conference to be held at the University of Stirling on 31st May 2012.