BSC Annual Postgraduate Conference
The Postgraduate Committee (PGC) of the British Society of Criminology would like to announce to all postgraduate students the following event: The Annual Postgraduate Conference
The Annual PG Conference has been a feature of the British Society of Criminology Annual Conference for several years now. It started as one or two sessions running before the main conference and these mainly centred on skills that it was felt were necessary for completing a PhD such as ‘writing up’ or ‘surviving the viva’. Over the years the PG Committee has worked very hard to respond to PhD students feedback and make the programme more substantive but still provide a forum for discussion about key concerns. It also remains a good place to meet new colleagues before the main conference commences.
This year the PGC has worked very closely with the local organising committee and is very pleased to highlight the following sessions at this years PG Conference 2009.
Sunday 28th June:
Parrallel sessions on:
* Managing part-time study with full-time work
* Publishing your work: Trevor Jones (Editor: Criminology and Criminal Justice), Brian Willan (Willan Publishing) and Caroline Porter (SAGE)
* Making the most of academic conferences
* How to apply for academic posts
Chair: Anne Brunton
Student: Mike Levi
External Examiner: Mike Maguire
Supervisor: Fiona Brookman
Monday 29th June:
* PG paper-led session on Young People and Offending
* Ministry of Justice and Home Office session
* Roundtable Panel with the BSC Ethics Committee on ‘Risk in Research’
The PG Conference is included in the ‘Student Rate’ and is open to all postgraduate students who are attending the British Society of Criminology Annual Conference. For more information please go to: http://bscconference2009.glam.ac.uk/phdconference/
Please be aware the deadline for the receipt of abstracts for the Annual Conference is 20th April 2009 at 5.30pm.
Conference Website www.bscconference2009.glam.ac.uk
Location is Cardiff City Hall. Website www.cardiffcityhall.com